Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Quadruped Study

We get to animate dogs!!!!! I'm so excited to move onto something that's not human! (Mostly because I've only animated 2 humans ever, and the second one was last week) So for this week, we had to start out planning our walk cycle. We had to take video reference of a dog, so I took tons of footage on my boyfriends boxer. She's a little weird and her proportions aren't normal, so we'll see if this actually turns out right. But below is the video I took of her. I tried to get a side and front view. And in the last shot, is where her personality comes out a lot, so I am thinking that I want to incorporate that into the end of my walk.



And below is the planning I created using the Animators Survival Kit. That doesn't include the end head look, so I'll have to revise it a little.


We also had to sketch out quadruped animals this week, and take 2 of our drawings into maya and then pose them out. I tried to look at wild animals to avoid the regular dog cliche. I searched foxes when they hunt, because they do this crazy pounce and leap thing, and they're very animated creatures. I also looked at wolf puppies playing, coyotes, etc. So I definitely got a lot more variety in my poses compared to the average dog. I stuck with dogs for this week, but for our study next week, I'm going to add in a variety of animals.


And now here are how the poses turned out that I submitted. I already got some great feedback, and will be fixing and rendering them soon!



And now after completing all of my changes, this is the final render!




No comments:

Post a Comment