Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tailor Assignment

For this weeks assignment in Animation Mentor, I had to animate a ball with a tail. I decided to use the Tailor rig, which looks like he has a squirrel tail. All we had to do was make him bounce a few times, so we could learn how to use the wave principle for the tail. A lot of people have him jumping to different platforms, off cliffs, through obstacle courses, etc. so it was hard to get an innovative story with him. Eventually I decided to have him jump from one cliff, onto a rock. That rock starts to shake from his weight, falls over, but then lands onto the other cliff, as he jumps onto the other cliff. This is my planning for the story.


I did my assignment, and the concept of the tail was so hard for me to grasp. Just working the wave principle and the shapes into the tail was rough. It kept coming out too choppy and slow. So eventually I talked to someone else, whose animation came out gorgeous, and he said he used the grease pencil, and it helped out a lot. So I decided to start over doing the sketches only.


And then this is my final animation that I have turned in for this week.






No comments:

Post a Comment