Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pendulum Assignment

For this week in Animation Mentor, the study was overlap. We had to animate a pendulum moving around the screen to create overlap. This was what I turned in for it. We had to make a figure 8 motion with the pendulums movement. I think the movie turned out pretty boring, and I would like to create another one, experimenting with object interacting with something else. I saw a really cool one, where rocks were falling off a cliff, and it was catching them, and transporting them across. When I have time, I'm going to make a much more creative storyline for it.




Our pose for the week was devastation. I figured this one would be easier, and all I had to do was look at numerous Disney princesses throwing themselves onto things and crying hysterically...


However, with such a big head for Stu, that idea was not going to work at all. These are some of my ideas for him. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was a big inspiration in this idea, because their poses for Flint are so exaggerated. It's so obvious that he's depressed, and it reads so well.




I ended up going with more of a modern approach. My laptop screen completely broke apart the other day, and so this is the pose that came out of that despair. I got some great feedback, and I am pumped to start my revision for him.


And now this guy is my final render.



No comments:

Post a Comment