Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ball Bounce with Different Weights

So for this past weeks assignment in Animation Mentor, we had to animate another ball bounce. This time however, we needed to have two different balls, both with varying weights. I chose a bowling ball verses a beach ball. There were numerous reference videos online I used for the bowling ball, but I also went out and bought a beach ball to film my own reference. I dropped it form many different angles, across screen, and studied it for more than the amount of time you should allot to staring at a ball. So, this is what I came up with! It's pretty rough since I had to leave town, and couldn't work on it much. But I did already get my critique back, and am working on some fixes now. It was pretty tough to get the beach ball to feel right, since it's so floaty. And no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to feel right in the amount of frames we had to work with. This one might take quite a few passes
to perfect.






I'm not sure if I'm quite happy with it yet, the timing feels too slow and the same throughout with the beach ball. I might try this assignment again, but with a more dynamic set up. Maybe the two balls falling between a tight space, and the beach ball being forced to bounce on top of the bowling ball?

No comments:

Post a Comment