Monday, January 26, 2015

Assignment Two: Soccer Ball Bounce

So the other section of this weeks homework is to animate a soccer ball bouncing. The whole lecture was about timing and spacing, and observing the world around you. Below is the thumbnail planning of my animation. I was nervous about this at first, because I haven't taken basics in over 2 years, and I had to pretty much relearn the way I do everything. They showed us arcs that I've never even seen before. It was very eye opening.


So after all my planning, I animated my soccer ball. It comes in pretty fast and then bounces, then rolls off the screen. So I went out and bought a soccer ball, and shot numerous reference videos of it bouncing around, and the way it settles on the floor. I probably looked like a crazy person throwing a ball around, then chasing after it. But when I started to animate in the way they taught us, it was unbelievable how easy it was, and I realized how hard I was making everything for the past 2 years. I also had to learn everything about the graph editor. I've never used it before, and it's literally the only thing I used in making my animation. So, starting from ground zero, here is the 
soccer ball bounce!




I got a lot of great feedback from my mentor and other numerous people. One of the great things about Animation Mentor is that all of our work is up for anyone in the school to see. Not only current students, but alumni and other mentors as well. The CEO commented on my ball and gave me a critique on it too! It was such a pleasant surprise, and great to get feedback from someone that has been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment