Saturday, January 24, 2015

Animation Mentors First Assignment!

I got my very first assignment with animation mentor! I had to go out and create sketches of people, and then fix my character into one of the poses that I liked. It was pretty tough drawing people in public, and finding a person posing interesting enough to replicate. Most people were just sitting on their phones and hunched over. I even got desperate and went out to UCF's campus, and sat by the giant fountain expecting some greatness. But nope. just more people sitting around on their phones. These are some of my sketches, and I circled the pose I decided to replicate.





I got some great feedback from my mentor. Like pushing the right leg over a little more to balance him out some, and to twist his hips with the body a little more. But other than that, I think it came out pretty good for my first assignment! I am pumped to get my grade and critique for the next one now. 


and now this is my final render!




I have 3 other classmates from UCF that are in this program with me. They all post their Animation Mentor assignments as well. It's pretty cool to see how each person has a specific style, and how they bring that into their animations. We are all critiquing each others work every week before we turn assignments in. It's nice to get some feedback from others. Especially after staring at the same thing for so many hours, a fresh eye always helps. If you want to check out some variety their blogs are: 



No comments:

Post a Comment