Monday, May 11, 2015

Dog walk splined!

I got my dog walked splined out for this week! Splined is an animation term for smoothed out. So now all of his poses are flowing and continuous. This is how he turned out.


This week we also have our last poses forever. I'm secretly kind of excited that we don't have to do poses again, so I can just focus on getting my animations down. We had to show dogs playing. It was a little tough getting the right movement in there, a lot of playing poses were pretty generic and either running or jumping to each other. These are my sketches for the pose.


I decided to go with a tug of war idea between 2 dogs. I haven't seen much online in terms of dogs playing with each other, using toys. I really liked the humor behind the one that I circled however, I couldn't get the character to scale down into the puppy sized dog. So I ended up turning in what I have below. This also shows more of a weight shift in the dog to the left.


I got Sloan made into a puppy! Here's my rendered result based on my mentors critique.




No comments:

Post a Comment