Saturday, December 14, 2013

Crystal Prop 03





These are all different views of a crystal stuck in a rock I had to create for my animated student film. It takes place in a nebula environment, and these are scattered all around. I used maya and mud box for this prop. I am trying out different techniques to see which one matches our style the best. This one was a little tougher with the lighting inside of it. For this specific one, I was thinking about the opening scene where a star is formed in space, and the light flickers through the nebula clouds, and shines through and lights up the entire workshop. For that to look believable with the props, we needed the light to refract and shine through the crystals. I got the angular shape and sharp corners down, but they are too perfect, and are lacking cracks, dings, and natural deformations that crystals have. But with the light added, the details on the rocks look too washed out and saturated, and there's no depth to them really.

No comments:

Post a Comment