Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 1: Mini Twitter Birds on a tree



This is day one of my 30 day challenge. A drawing a day for 30 days to give my hand a workout! I wanted to start a blog, and I figured this would be the best way to force myself to keep up with it everyday. Mostly to show everyone what I am doing everyday. We shall see if I can actually finish this project! Bare with me if I don't get to the computer to upload photos of my drawings everyday. This one is called Twitter birds on a tree. I used acrylic on a mini canvas. This is just one piece of a series of twitter birds. I wanted to make something quick and easy, and I got inspired by a charcoal drawing I did of a little bird. I also wanted to make it more cartoony, kind of like the baby birds from the Pixar short. The one with the little birds on the telephone wire, and the big stork looking guy comes and sits in the middle of all of them, weighing the line down. It's a brilliant short. Plus twitter kind of influenced the color to be blue. This mini canvas is for sale at my etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment