Thursday, June 30, 2011

Woman's Back



Just started my new charcoal figure drawing class at Crealde! It's a new style that I'm in love with and the charcoal powdered background makes everything pop so much more! The technique, is to cover your entire board with charcoal powder, which makes the base color, you can see this in the background. Then you draw in the dark areas with a charcoal pencil, and color them all in more. Next, you pull out the light areas with a shammy, which is basically a felt cloth that wipes away the powder. And for the tiny highlight spots, you can use a kneaded eraser, or really anything small enough that pulls the charcoal off of the paper. It's extremely messy, so I definitely had to take a shower every night after class. I also got my car a lot dirtier than I had planned too.

No comments:

Post a Comment